- Posted by: Mack Global Engineering
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Oct 1, 2018
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Education: College
Full time 2 year opportunity to provide in field construction supervision within our Construction Management Organization.
Plan, direct, or coordinate, subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
What you will do:
• Ability to shifts (nights and weekends hours during the Deconstruct Schedule) with daily in field construction management.
• Create work plans and installation schedules.
• Attend job planning meetings and daily reconnects.
• Interact with trades and contractors.
• Ensure construction/installation meets code.
• Verify that fabrication and installation meet design/engineering requirements.
• Ensure all construction activities are compliant with MGE, client and Ministry of Labour safety requirements.
• Assist with the day to day tasks for the Construction Management team.
• Establish and manage budgets for the construction management.• Be a role model for sub-contractors in terms of safety, quality, and communicationInterpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
Tools / Technologies:
• Bilingual (French and English) is considered an asset.
• Experience working in a construction environment is an asset.
• Proven leadership capabilities with a diverse group of collaborative team members.
• Ability to travel and work in the United States.
• Strong understanding of O. Reg. 213/91.
• Strong understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Team orientated mindset.
• An understanding of manufacturing, process and utility environments in an industrial setting.
• Knowledgeable in principles related to electrical and mechanical construction.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Capital cost estimating including effort hour estimates