Machine Set Up Operators
- Posted by: Beavers Dental (KaVo Kerr)
- Closing Date: N/A
- Positions Available: 4
- Type: Full Time
- Education: High School
Machine Set Up Operator
The Set Up Operator is part of the Tool Steel Department. In this position, you will work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to complete the process of creating rotary instruments (dental bur) as part of the manufacturing process. You will set up and operate a set of machines in a continuous, fast paced, production/processing operation. Walking and standing throughout a 12 hour shift, you will monitor the equipment and product continually to ensure best quality. Working wthin close tolerances you will demonstrate your attention to detail. Inspection of the product is done using micrometers and other measuring tools. You will troubleshoot issues, make adjustments and perform some repairs to the equipment. You will stay current with updates to SOP’s and training documents using the Master Control computerized training tystem. Strong communication skills are required. You must be a team player who will contribute to the success of the department by demonstrating flexibility and willingness to learn and help others. Opportunites exist for those with a desire to learn and grow within the department and the Company.
What will you do:
- Set up, operate, and tend a set of precision grinding machines to create high quality dental rotary instruments.
- Enter programs, make adjustments using hand tools, monitor quality using measuring tools.
- Manipulate small product to load into machines.
- Confer with Lead Hand, Technical Leader and other workers about machine setups and operational specifications.
- Operate dressing machine to dress grinding wheels.
- Complete worksheets
- Stay up to date on standard operating procedures (SOP's) using computerized training system.
- Make a strong contribution to the continued success of the department and the Company.
Tools / Technologies:
- Demonstrated mechanical apptitude
- CNC Equipment
- Online training software
- Outlook Email
Perks & Benefits
- Dental care insurance coverage
- Health insurance coverage
- Vision care insurance coverage
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Travel accident Insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Matching retirement contributions
- Annual bonus
- Tuition reimbursement or payment for seminars and classes
- Career planning and development
- Professional association meeting, conference or seminar expense
- Training opportunities
- Professional development
- Regular performance reviews
- Wellness programs
- Free safety equipment
- Awards or gift certificates
- Service recognition program