- Posted by: Mack Global Engineering
- Closing Date: N/A
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Education: University
Provide Electrical engineering and design experience for power distribution systems from medium voltage equipment to low voltage equipment with an emphasis on power distribution from the Motor Control Centers to the equipment.
What you will do:
Professional Engineer (P. Eng) License in Ontario is an asset as you provide proven leadership capabilities within a manufacturing/industrial setting with a diverse group of collaborative team members
• Travel to field operations in Canada and the U.S. to provide on-site leadership and engineering services
• Establish design criteria, perform design calculations, develop single line diagrams, control schematics, plans and specifications.
• Review manufacturer information to assure compliance with specifications.
• Provide technical support to the construction management team and contractors.
• Perform field audits to ensure the installation conforms with the drawings and specifications.
• Prepare design scopes or work, work tenders, design options, cost estimates, and input to project schedules.
• Complete pre-start health and safety reviews.
• Prepare equipment specifications and inspect equipment upon arrival at the project sites.
• Provide client and team focused communication both written and verbal to ensure strong working relationships are fostered.
• Provide cohesive and cooperative daily interactions with our extended work team
• Electrical engineering and design experience for power distribution systems from medium voltage equipment to low voltage equipment with an emphasis on power distribution from the Motor Control Centers to the equipment.
• Proven ability to multi-task while delivering multiple projects in a team orientated work culture.
Tools / Technologies:
Electrical engineering and design experience for equipment and process control systems.
• Knowledgeable in principles related to electrical maintenance.
• Familiarity with electrical safety guidelines of power distribution.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Experience in safeguarding of machinery and safety instrumented levels (SIL) for processes.
• Ability to complete a Short-Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) analysis and coordination studies are an asset.
•Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Capital cost estimating including effort hour estimates.
• PLC programing would be an asset (Rockwell 500, 5000, and Johnson Controls Metasys).
• Electrical Safety: CSA, IEC, National Electrical Code and EEA Standards.
• Hazardous areas: CEC, OESC, ATEX, IEC and NFPA codes/standards.