- Posted by: INVISTA
- Closing Date: N/A
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Education: College
Are you excited by identifying new and innovative ways to solve problems? Are you looking for the challenge of driving improved process and change? Are you interested in furthering your career in payroll? If so, we are looking for a Payroll Analyst to join our Payroll HR Shared Services team!
This opportunity is based out of Kingston, ON, and there is potential for a mix of on-site and remote work arrangements for a dedicated self-starter. In this role, you will be responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing. We are focused on improving the customer experience through superior quality and accuracy, effective partnerships, and innovation. Come join us!
What you will do:
• Administer multiple payrolls processes for hourly paid and salaried employees across multiple internal customers/businesses. Utilize two different payroll engines to process payroll across client organizations with workforces in different provinces.
• Timely and accurate processing of time files, vacation, holidays, disability, incentive bonuses, garnishments, etc. across business units
• Validate correct processing of payroll deductions and pension contributions and monitor internal/external interface files to external service providers (pension and benefits providers)
• Reconcile all statutory remittances to government bodies in multiple provincial jurisdictions
• Work closely with client HR teams, accounting and payroll providers to perform year-end payroll processes, including T4s and all statutory payroll filings and remittances
• Calculate and record taxable benefits for employee incentive programs per appropriate CRA guidelines
• Develop and maintain payroll process documentation.
• Generate regular and ad hoc reports, prepare payroll queries utilizing payroll engines and SAP.
• As part of the HRSSC Payroll Center of Excellence, act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in all payroll and payroll compliance matters and provide support to local HR teams on payroll related queries.
• Collaborate with both internal and external partners to identify and improve process and eliminate waste. Act as payroll SME on multiple projects including HRIS implementation, interface build, etc.
Tools / Technologies:
• Two or more years payroll processing, bookkeeping, or accounting experience
• Experience with Payworks and ADP payroll engines, Kronos time and attendance, or other payroll and time and attendance systems
• Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with customers
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and strong report writing skills
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Experience with various HR information systems (SAP)
• Experience in a shared services environment
• Certification by the Canadian Payroll Association or working towards completion of CPA certification
• Prior experience in an hourly/unionized environment
• Knowledge of benefits and benefits administration processes
• Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance
Perks & Benefits
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental care insurance coverage
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Healthcare reimbursement accounts
- Travel accident Insurance
- Professional development
- Regular performance reviews
- Wellness programs
- Free safety equipment